As the weather has continued to get hotter I've had the intense desire to take these two water loving kiddos to the beach! Our nearest beach is just under a 2hr drive (which would make it a really long day) and the more I thought about it the more I was NOT feeling comfortable with taking them both by myself. At the ages they are now, it just didn't seem safe. I really wanted another adult around.........so I had the CrAZy idea....let's drive 8 hours to visit our good friends the Vanderlaans who live about 25minutes from the beach! It serves two purposes 1. We'll get to spend time with some of our closest and dearest friends AND 2. beach / pool days!! WOOHOO!
Let's be honest though....I'm a little freaked out about the drive. It will be Gavin's longest to date and it will be just the 3 of us. AHHHHHHHH! My plan is to leave hours before sunrise and pray to God they sleep for the first half. Once we're there I know we're going to have a great time.......it's the there and back that's stressing out me a little! The next post should be beach photos!!
1 comment:
Julie, you are one brave army wife!!! Enjoy the journey, the kids will be fine!!
Hugs for all of you,
Grammy karen
Post a Comment