Friday, July 8, 2011

Visiting the Vanderlaans ~ Beach Day

Well, after a day of rest with Mike and Kassy, we decided to pack up the kids and head to the beach {the bay actually, but still just as fun!} This is the main reason why we drove 8+ hours......to spend some days on the water with good friends :).  It was just perfect; quiet, crowed free, and warm water.  We all had SO much fun!  Kayla was immediately drawn to the water and Gavin (although an equal water lover) was obsessed with exploring his new surroundings.  Once he finally got in the water we couldn't pull him out!
   
*WARNING ~ a crazy amount of photos will follow because we had SO many to chose from and I just loved them all!*

I absolutely LOVE this first photo because right now cars and trucks are Gavin's favorite toys.  He really can spend all day pushing them around!  When I saw this dump truck beach toy I thought holy moly Gavin is going to flip!  And for the first 30 minutes or so (of his first time ever!) at the beach all he wanted to do was push it around :)




Uncle Mike and Kayla working on some swimming skills.



Auntie Kassy teaching Kayla had to be a crab.


And speaking of crabs, this bay has a regular resident; the super creepy looking Horseshoe Crab!

Yep, and their main purpose for coming to shore is for a little family time.  Yikes, aren't they crazy looking!




Kayla was so excited to meet these super sweet girls.  They were about 10yrs old and so kind trying to teach Kayla how to swim.


This silly boy!  This is what he always does in the bath, lay back. 


Snack time!










What an awesome day!  I feel so blessed to have such great friends.  Mike and Kassy are truly like family to us and I'm just so thankful to be in driving distance of them again!  Kayla and Gavin relished in the extra attention from Uncle Mike and it made my heart smile.......and it would make Garrett's heart smile too :).  Stay tuned; one last Vanderlaan Visit post coming up!  
   

2 comments:

grammy karen said...

These pictures made my heart smile too!!! Love all the happiness!

Hugs,
grammy karen

Kassy and Mike said...

Awwwww!!!! We miss you guys. The beach days were so great - we really lucked out with nice weather. I'm still cracking up that Mike's heebie jeebie self was in the murky bay water. hahaha. Couldn't have been a better 4th of July plan. :)