Sunday, July 10, 2011

Visiting the Vanderlaans ~ 4th of July / Beach Day (2)

This year we celebrated Independence Day with the Vanderlaans!  I bought these shirts over a month ago and was so impressed with myself that I actually remembered to pack them ;)!  



In the evening we attended their true one-of-a-kind small town parade and festivities.  This was Gavin's first parade and despite being pretty worn out from our time at the beach earlier in the day I think he enjoyed it.  And I know Kayla definitely did, she loved waving and shouting HI to everyone that passed by!












My little dare devil!  It took me a few times of asking her if she wanted to do this mega-trampoline and eventually she said OK mommy(!) and had so much fun!





This little video was actually from our first day at the beach but I forgot to put in that post :)


In between our two beach days, Kassy and I had a pool day with the kiddos but sadly no photos to show for it.  Since we were one on one a safe moment to take out the camera never really presented itself.  But it was a fun time!  Her neighborhood (they live on base) has a great family pool with a slow ramp-like entry and it only went to 3ft deep.  It also had several spraying water features that the kids could play in.

**So, before I get to our day 2 beach photos I wanted first to share a little product plug.  Sunscreen.  I will freely admit I am obsessed with protecting my babies delicate skin.  Kayla is nearly four and her and Gavin have yet to experience a sunburn.  I would feel just AWFUL if I'd let their sweet skin burn!  We've been a long time consumer of Neutrogena sunscreen and every summer I'm just more and more impressed with the protection it provides.  For the days I knew we would be out for a long time I would lather them up real good with the lotion and let it soak in.  Then we would get dressed, get in the car, and drive to the beach.  Once at the beach I would give them just a light misting of the spray just in case any of the lotion rubbed off on their carseats.  And that was it!  I didn't reapply even on the day we were at the bay for nearly three hours!  No burns, and really not even as tan as you'd think spending nearly 3 full days in the sun.  Love this stuff!** 
OK, so onto the next round of beach photos!  This time we went to the beach; it was loud and crowded and GREAT!  Again, it was just Kassy and I so not nearly as many photos this time.







This last video clip is a bit random but it was a funny little moment I was able to catch at Mike and Kassy's house :)
 

And that was our spontaneous vacation!  SUCH a great time!  Thanks Mike and Kas we love you guys!!


3 comments:

Angela Henderson said...

Your pictures are awesome! I cannot believe Kayla did that bungee thing! Wow! She is brave. I think Aaron talked to Garrett. They are kindof close out there!(distance wise)

Angela Henderson said...

Oh p.s. My kids had the exact same shirts for the 4th too..LOVE it!

grammy karen said...

I'm with Angela on the bungee thing!! Kayla is a little daredevil :) Love the parade, beach and all the videos.
Kassy's baby bump is so cute!!

Hugs,
grammy karen