Wednesday, February 18, 2009

rainy day schedule

So Kayla and I had planned on going to the park again today but apparently I missed the memo about today being cold and wet. Determined on not staying in the house this morning, we packed up, and headed off to our little Fascinate U Children's Museum. It's cheep, super tiny, and not at all like the children's museums in the big city, but Kayla LOVES it! I once heard a quote; 'having a toddler in the house is like turning on a blender full speed with the top off'. Seriously. This couldn't be more true. As soon as I clean a room up and move on to the next room, the first room's carpet is once again no longer visible. So any excuse to get out of the house and explore a new setting is always a good one.

We had so much fun. We shimmied down a fireman's pole,
test drove a few emergency vehicles,


rearranged magnetic screws,

had a snack,

played dress up,

voted,

had more snack,

watched a ball go round and round,


and did some shopping.



All in all, a great morning, which leads to a great nap.
Over the weekend we had an exciting moment when we looked out our front windows and saw across the street in our neighbors front yard a huge family of deer! It was so cool.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny! Looks like you had a really fun time at the museum. What a sight to see all of those deer!
Miss you, see you soon

grammy Karen

Angela Henderson said...

I know, I love the museum. I didn't even know about it. Is the hubby away still?

Unknown said...

What a fun outing! Kayla is looking like such a big girl and her eyes are beautiful just like her Mom's.