
Then we headed out to the Barona Indian Reservation and enjoyed their powwow.


A little side note here. Powwows are so much fun. I love experiencing new cultures first hand, especially when it's right here in the U.S. I thought Kayla would enjoy the drums, the singing, the dancing, and the colorful dress. However, I failed to remember that most of the exciting events take place during the Grand Entry...in the evening...we were there during the day. And yes Kayla did find her beat to the drums and singing every so often and would bounce up and down in her stroller and clap, but for the most part she got a little board with it after a little while. So we walked around and visited all the tents with trinkets and stuff. She picked out a cool hand made rattle and a guy serenaded her with an amped up flute.
Then the next day my mom and I picked up Grandma Loraine and we visited this great little working farm called Victoria's Garden. It was awesome. They had a little play area, animals you could feed and pet, a picnic area, train rides, corn maze, hay everywhere, and amazing fresh and organic fruits and veggies.








No comments:
Post a Comment