Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Catching Up ~ First Days of School

My babies.  They are getting so big!  Kayla started 2nd grade this year.  She loves it.  She just loves school in general.  I hope that continues throughout her school career.  

This is the first year that I feel the pressure is really on!  Kinder and 1st grade were all about pluses and minuses and checks.  Grades were pretty subjective.  But now we have actual traditional letter grades!  The thing that is going to be Kayla's real challenge this year is to slow down.  Study the directions of a task and fully understand them before completing the assignment.  She's a smart girl but very impatient and tends to rush through her work; making silly mistakes along the way that really end up hurting her grade.  So.  That is our challenge.
Gavin started his 2nd year of preschool and he loves it too!
We have seen so much growth in him just since summer began.  I'm excited to see where he goes this year and can't believe he will be starting kindergarten next fall!

No comments: