Getting ever so much closer to being caught up! As usual I've got an extremely random assortment of cell phone photos ...
Garrett had a lot of time off during September. School was in session so we didn't go anywhere, but it was so nice to have that extra time with him! One day Garrett went golfing and took Gavin with him! The course was just down the road from our house so I was pretty sure that around hole #10 I'd get a phone call saying Gavin was ready to come home. That did not happen. Gavin loved every minute of it!
Their game ended about the same time as Kayla was getting out of school so we met up at a new froyo place ...
Garrett surprised me with a very awesome date night! Need to Breathe in concert!
I spied some math homework happening! 1. We are so super blessed to have him as our man of the house. 2. He is so much the better parent in the homework department ...
Garrett and I have been part of our church's youth ministry team for just over a year now. And I love it! To kick off Fall, we took a great group of young teens out for a hay ride {with a pit stop to feed the cows} corn maze {at dusk and in the dark of night. .. with flashlights} and a bonfire with hotdogs, smores, cider, and devotional. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to hang out with these awesome young people. ...
On our way home from the ceremony; guess who just it through a surprise car seat inspection on base with flying colors!? AND I got bonus points for even knowing my make and model of seats ... How do parents not know that?!? Safety first!!
Pretty much his entire life Gavin has had NO interest in coloring. He'd make a few scribbles on a page and be done. I had visions of terrible penmanship in school because he lacked fine motor skills. AND THEN. One week he randomly picks up a crayon and starts pumping out pictures like PRO! Garrett and are like 'who is this little dude?!?!?'
It was Garrett's birthday and it also happened to be the 200th birthday of the Star Spangled Banner so there were A LOT of festivities happening! One was a blue angels show. It was an ugly, drizzly day but we decided to get a spot anyways, hoping the show wouldn't be canceled.
We waited ..... and waited ...... and waited as the start time continued to get pushed back ...
And then all the sudden they were there!
Happy mistake! I totally thought I was taking a photo .. not recording! Lol.
He will sit there and flip through every page of his sissy's chapter books looking for the pictures. Eager to read the story. Studies are showing that the thought among our boys 'reading is uncool' is becoming widespread and our girls are leaving them in their academic dust. I'm determined to not ley that happen to my little guy!
It's no secret. We like to have dance parties. Often they happen at the end of the day in an effort to get that last bit of energy out before bedtime. We try to find the craziest music for them and they just do what they do ...
Higher daddy, higher! Dads are pretty great. So is hard play and dirty feet. Here was to kissing summer goodbye!



*SpoiledRottenKittyInAHammock
Ice cream at dusk in historic Annapolis. Good times.





















No comments:
Post a Comment