Over the Summer the kiddos were in the water a lot. Swim lessons, play dates, birthday parties ... the list goes on. They love the water. Which couldn't make Garrett and I {2 southern Cali kids} happier. In the past Kayla has played soccer during the Fall; but lately, she has been talking about wanting to be on a swim team next Summer and she, on her own, decided she'd rather continue swim lessons instead of soccer. And of course we could totally get on board with that! For one, that meant Gavin could get involved too since he's still a little young for team sports. The pool we've been going to has 3 Fall sessions. We just finished the first; we'll be taking the second off and will join the third.
I've had a little bit of a love/hate thing with the instructors. We've had several different ones now and {unless you sign up for private lessons} you never know which one you're gonna get! Some are truly great and others {like the 2 we got here} are pretty mediocre. On one hand, we didn't see much improvement in their overall skills .... but on the other, they had fun and maintained the skills they all ready have ... so I guess this session was a bit of a draw.
Moving onto the 'stuff' part of the post .... aka random crappy cell phone pics...
Last month was Garrett's birthday! We had a fun dinner out in Annapolis!
Gavin and I were playing Twister ..... Smokey joined in!
Gavin had his first visit to the dentist last week! The kid seriously loved every minute! And so did I, really. It was a pediatric dental office and they were great!
I mean, seriously ......
The Fall weather around here has been glorious and we've been soaking it up in our backyard!






.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





2 comments:
Comment from FB:
Karen Rakestraw: Blog is great, good job! October 18
Nichole Vensko: Love it! Miss little spontaneous trips to the smithsonian and super bummed we missed out in the photo exhibit. Miss you guys and hope you are enjoying your first fall!!
Post a Comment