OK, so continuing on with the big catch up .....
Last month Kayla had a random day off from school. It was a beautiful day so I spontaneously decided to pack a picnic lunch and head into DC with the kiddos.
We ended up at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum {it's one of our family favorites}.
Of course Kayla brought her camera too!
**Kayla Photo**
**Kayla Photos**
We had a great time wandering around .... exploring...

They had a new exhibit since the last time we visited. It was BY FAR our favorite!!
**Kayla Photo**

Afterwards we goofed around for a bit on the Mall before heading home..
The next weekend our county was having their annual fair. Seriously, who could pass up a fun fair?!
Despite the glee on their faces .... this was IN FACT the worlds sloooooooowest roller coaster! I didn't even have to change my shutter speed, LOL. I wish I had taken a video. Good times.
We always love the giant slide ... Kayla always hates the climb up. After the giant slide Kayla decided she really really REALLY wanted to go on the infamous Zipper.

She begged and pleaded!
At this point I knew exactly what was happening! Remember our Disney trip? {that was a really long post ... skip to day 3 after the Pluto photos for the story I'm talking about} I knew Garrett was having a flashback!
The girl has had a serious fear of heights for a few years now! But for some reason, every so often she is determined to test that fear. Even though we can guess what the outcome will be .... we never discourage her from stepping out. I don't know if she'll ever outgrow this ..... honestly I don't really care .... as long as she continues to have brave moments .. full of adventure .. and faith .. and in the end realizes whether it's her earthy father {and mother} or Heavenly Father ... she will never be alone.
While Garrett and Kayla were having a heart to heart Gavin and I were enjoying a spin on the ferris wheel.
All smiles again!
Then we moved onto checking out all the blue ribbon winners...
and the 4H auction.

A great night full of fun memories!



































2 comments:
Comments from FB:
Corine: That is the scariest ride ever! October 17
Christie Phillips Vanderhyde: Love all of Kayla's pictures And her hair is getting sooo long, love it!
October 17
Yvonne Graham: Congrats on Garret becoming a Commander, and that picture it's Kayla and her dad after the ride was adorable. I love watching Nate and Laili talk, especially when it's him letting her know he won't let anything happen to her. October 17
Molly Schloesser: I'm nauseous just thinking about that ride. Brave girl! October 17
Comment from FB:
Nichole Vensko: Love it! Miss little spontaneous trips to the smithsonian and super bummed we missed out in the photo exhibit. Miss you guys and hope you are enjoying your first fall!!
October 19
Post a Comment