I know, I know. After the San Diego posts I said I was going to step back and get caught up with old September photos......buuuuut......over the weekend we went and picked our own pumpkins and I love these photos so much I couldn't wait to share them :)
About an hour and a half away from us is the farming town of Wilcox. They have several vineyards up there as well as produce farms. Apple Annie's is definitely the main attraction for family fun time with hayrides, pumpkin picking, a corn maze, sunflower fields, and all kinds of yummy baked goods, cider, jams, and produce. We waffled with the idea for about a day of making the drive out there, but in the end we are SOOOO glad we did because it was a great time for all and the nearly 3 hour drive {round trip} was a piece of cake after all these road trips to San Diego we've been making lately ;)
We woke up, ate and got ready in record speed to be on the road by 8am and at the farm by 9:30. In the rush to get out the door I forgot Gavin's jacket and only realized it right before we got there. I looked around the car and found one of Kayla's sweater....a white one with a big flower. And to Garrett's dismay I promptly turned it inside out and put it on him. It was in the 50's and super windy; I had no choice!!
The first thing we did was to catch a hayride out to the pumpkin patch!
How awesome is this view?! Seriously, this is why we love our moving around so much. Seeing everyday sights like this that we would definitely never see staying in one spot forever is a blessing to us AND the kiddos! We may not always love where we end up but we always make the best of it by exploring our surroundings and making new friends :).
This was the first time we actually cut our pumpkins out of the field! It was so much fun searching for just the right one!
{side note: that flower that Gavin is holding Kayla had picked before we could tell her otherwise. She felt SOOOO bad when she learned that it was destine to be a pumpkin and now would not :( }
We found some good one :)
Kayla said 'mommy let's take a picture in front of the corn!' {it's actually some kind of bird seed plant} And I never turn down a voluntary photo opt ;)
The hay ride back to the main area dropped us off right in front of the sunflower field. The.were.beautiful.
Next up was the corn maze. Another first for all of us, and it was a blast.
HAHAHA I don't know why I love this picture so much...but they both look thoroughly confused!
So much fun! We were so glad we made the trip out there, definitely a special place. We also ate lunch at their 'burger barn' before making our way home.
The next afternoon {Sunday} it was time to start the carving!
1 comment:
What a great outing at Apple Annies! Super fun pictures! Your pumpkins are sooo cute.
Happy Halloween
Huggs, grammy karen
Post a Comment