Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

Big deap breath.  ahhhhhh.  It's a new year and I can put up our new calendar!  I'm not really one to make 'reselutions'.......I guess 'goals' is a better word for me.  We all have goals right?!  It seems a lot of times our new year goals are the same.  Everyone wants to be in better shape, live healthier, be kinder, and wiser with our money........very original.

For some it's to find peace in their life.  Happiness and fulfillment.  The joy that comes from deep down and you find yourself smiling for no apparent reason.  To not 'sweat the small stuff'.  Slow down.  Relax. 

As an Army wife, I'm often asked things like 'how do you do it~ The separation, managing the kids and household?  The worry for his safety?  Moving around so much, not knowing where you will be living in X amount of months/years?'  And the simplest, most truthful answer is my faith in a Faithful God.  In this 'game' of life I all ready know the outcome!  I will be in heaven one day with Jesus.  Garrett will be in heaven one day as well.  And I have faith that our children will one day fall on their knees and ask Jesus to be their Lord and Savior, and they too will be in heaven.  No matter what happens in this world THAT will never change!  To walk through this life with that unshakable knowledge is what gives me peaceCompared to that, everything is 'the small stuff'.  Of course there are daily struggles, and worries.  We humans are a sinful lot.  But as a Christian.....a worshiper of Jesus......I am able to put those struggles and worries at his feet, and feel his assurance that all will be well, one way or another.  That is something to be joyful about my friends!

For anyone who does not have that peace, happiness, fulfillment, and joy I pray that this is the year you find it.  Because it's up to you.  Jesus is there offering it to all......you need just receive.

Happy New Year!!!


2 comments:

Susan said...

You live in truth and you spoke it beautifully!

MamaLynda said...

Your bold faith will be an inspiration to many. Keep it up!