Spring is here, we are all healthy again, and Garrett is home! YAY! After my last post Kayla continued to improve and Gavin finally got over his little cold. Just as I thought things were looking up, I started to get sick. It started out as your average cold, probably compliments of Gavin. After about a week my 'average' symptoms took a sudden turn for the worse and again I knew something was just not right. So off to the doctor we went again! Turns out I had a sinus infection, ear infection, and a bunch of junk in the lungs! I had never had a sinus infection before, and let me just say, it was intensely awful! NO JOKE, I was a mess! So anyways, 10 day of antibiotics later, Garrett is back home and we are all healthy! Blogging came to a halt there for a while. We needed time to mend......and then...well to be honest there just hasn't been much (blog worthy) going on. Just the daily grind, you know.
Spring is officially here! We're trying to really soak it all up because soon enough the nasty NC humidity will descend upon us and it will be back to primarily indoor activities. Today was a yard working day. Garrett is starting check off various tasks on his pre-deployment honey-do list and the kids and I were along for the ride.
There is always time to stop and blow dandelion seeds into the air :)
The supervisor
Kayla thought it was high time the sprinkler came out to run around in.
Lately Garrett has taken up a new hobby, woodworking. He has always had an interest and has really enjoyed the learning process. So far he has made his work bench, a storage shelving unit for the garage, a little bookcase for Kayla's room, a six bottle wine rack for a wedding gift.......
and this bird feeder I requested. We love it! The kids have a blast watching all the different birds visit our feeder and Kayla gets a kick out of shouting at the squirrels to get away from the bird food. The shingles weren't a part of the original plans, that was Garrett's creative touch :)
3 comments:
so glad you guys are feeling better! love the birdhouse! awesome. still jealous of the fantastic pictures that you are taking with your awesome new camera! love ya!
So happy you all are finally feeling better!! Kayla and Gavin are getting so big. Garrett looks happy in his shop and his creations are beautiful. The blog looks great, love the new design.
Love you all,
grammy karen
Your pictures are awesome are you loving the camera?! Love the update and the birdhouse! Miss u!
Post a Comment