Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NEW CAMERA ALERT!

HOLY MOLY I AM SO EXCITED THAT I HAVE TO PUT THIS IN ALL CAPS!  GARRETT SURPRISED ME ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND CAME HOME WITH THE DIGITAL SLR CAMERA I HAVE BEEN DROOLING, NAGGING, PINING OVER FOR MONTHS!  Oh what a happy lucky girl I am :).

Some of you may know that photography is a little hobby of mine that I'm truly passionate about.  I guess it was a given when one grows up with a mother as a professional photographer and one spends just about every weekend during high school/college assisting her at weddings and various photo shoots :).  For my first photography class in high school my mom let me borrow an old Nikon SLR from like the 70s....and I loved it!  Then for Christmas (or HS graduation, sorry mom I can't remember which) She gave my very own Nikon N80 SLR (film) camera.  I took that thing everywhere.  It was good to me and we have a long history of taking great pictures.....then the digital age hit.  I was resistant.  I loved film.  A couple of months after Kayla was born Garrett came home with a little Nikon COOLPIX....and I was a little irritated with him.  Can you believe that!  Looking back, so silly, I know!  It took me all of about a month to fall in love with my little digital camera and soon the love of editing photos began.  I think I was resistant to digital at first because I thought it took the art out of photography.  And then I realized...it's just a different kind of art now....my darkroom is at my fingertips.  

So anyways....there were a few years there that I didn't have a SLR camera, and I MISSED it!  I started researching digital SLR cameras and then put the bug in Garrett's ear :) in a not so passive way.  hehe.  I was expecting to get it this summer, but once again Garrett surprised me and came home with a Nikon D3100.  (yes I am brand loyal!)

These are just a couple of shots from around the house....getting familiar with my new camera.




1 comment:

Andrea said...

so awesome. so jealous. love it.