For the past several weeks Kayla and I have been driving up the road a bit to the local library for toddler storytime. When I first heard about it I thought 'no way is my 2 year old going to just sit there and listen quietly to someone reading them books.' But a neighbor told me that it was so much more than that, there was singing and dancing and hand puppets that told stories.....so I thought what the heck we'll give it a try. And I'm SO GLAD we did! Kayla absolutely LOVES going to the library for storytime and when I tell her the night before that we'll be going in the morning she goes to sleep with a big smile on her precious little face.


For the most part she actually does sit quietly when the children's librarian is reading to them, except today they combined the toddler hour and preschool age hour so the group was much larger with new friends to meet. (I am so going to be getting notes home when she's in school for being the chatty cathy.)
One of the crowd favorites is sweet Barkley (a big fluffy hand puppet) who comes out of his little dog house to greet the kiddos. And yes that would be Kayla's assertive little voice you hear above everyone else :)
And then there's song and dance time.

and puzzle time, after storytime is over.
Today the special guest, Christmas Kitty, stopped by. This was the first time Kayla encountered a lifesize character like this up close and personal and she was LOVING it. No fear at all, she just wanted to sit with the kitty all morning.

And that's storytime. I'm so thankful for our local library and most especially the children's librarian, she is truly wonderful with the kids. After Gavin arrives I know it might be a little challenging getting out the door in the morning, but hopefully I can get it together soon enough so Kayla can keep on enjoying her library days.
2 comments:
I love her little singing voice...and she's shakin her bootie so cute:)
Looks like she's loving storytime.
Huggs,
Grammy
That is so cool that she did so good for story time. I will have to check into that for Finn, but I dont think he will sit still. I will let you know! :)
Post a Comment