October was a fairly busy month for us. We had our last camping trip before it got cold {I actually did blog on time about there HERE}. And of course there were the usual Fall time festivities and even a little 'mom trip' just for me during the month.
Gavin and I tried to spend as much time as possible outside soaking up the sweet fall air before winter came in full force.


We also made regular trips to the pet store .... because ... well, why not?


While in town I also had the opportunity to meet up with some old Army friends from a couple duty stations ago. I was so great to reconnect and see their beautiful little family grow!

Gavin and I went on his preschool's field trip to the pumpkin patch.
A pit full of dried corn does not make for a soft landing!
Our neighbors were there too...
A family photo attempt in the corn maze ... 3 out of 4 is usually the best we can get these days!
Beautiful pumpkin for a fraction of the cost ... money that went straight to the farmer. Hay to climb on, a modest corn maze, and the token goats and such. I don't think we'll go anywhere else for pumpkins as long as we live here. {We also went back here for our Christmas tree and it was the best one we've ever had!}
And then, of course, it was carving time! This was the first year the kiddos did most of their own work and we were pretty impressed!

It wouldn't be Halloween without a costume parade!
He seriously was hamming it up this year; getting into character.They both loved their costumes this year! And you know I did!













































No comments:
Post a Comment