Now that we are a school age family we have joined the masses in reserving the bulk of our travel days to those of summer, winter, and spring break! Last summer we didn't go anywhere because we had just moved coast to coast TWICE in one year. We needed some down time.
As this summer approached I could feel the moss collecting under our feet and it was time ..... so SO time .... to pack our bags and go on an adventure. I had been dreaming of this particular adventure for the better part of a year .... Vegas and Monterey. After much planning and coordinating with various peoples schedules it was finally time. First up was a long flight to Las Vegas for me and the kiddos. My dad and step mom recently moved there and we were so anxious to see their new home they had put so much work into. {Garrett had to finish up the work week so we got a head start and he joined us after a couple days.}
It was a 7am flight and through blurry eyes we made it there with little time to spare!
They did great! We have finally reached this magical chapter where air travel is pretty much a cake walk! And I can say that because I truly know just how bad ... terrifying ... horrific ... exhausting it can be! {ps there are some classic prego pics in that link ;) } Anyways, the last time I flew with these two {again, without Garrett .... he always seemed to miss the epic flights with us} I was a pack-horse shouldering bags, carseats, a stroller, backpacks, etc. on my own; navigating checkin, security, gates, rude people. etc etc. Which typically resulted in a day from hell we all had to suffer through to get to the other side. This time. THIS time it was a whole new world .... cue music. The kiddos wore their own backpacks, pulled their own suitcases, and carried their own lunchboxes! We have no stroller and when the bags were checked I found myself gliding through the airport with just my purse and two kiddos attentively following. It was kind of epic. {Thankfully, on either side, was Garrett and my dad there to help with the carseats}.
We got to Vegas around 9am, local time. The kiddos took a nap and then immediately hit the pool!
Most of our days in Vegas pretty much went like this:
1. Wake up around 5:45am because we're still on East Coast time AND the sun rises so stinking early in the desert AND because the kiddos are just to anxious to get into the pool!
2. Keep them distracted until about 8am to swim.
3. SWIM ALL MORNING
4. Lunch
5. NAP. And nap hard .... sometimes even on the floor .. but of course we don't forget to bring our pillows and Bolt with us.
6. Veg the rest of the afternoon with maybe a movie or some games because we're all still pretty out of it what with the pre-6am wake up call, and the swimming, and the SUN.
7. Go to bed early
8. Repeat all
The dads are a little wet because Gavin got them with the super soaker first thing in the morning.
Have I mentioned we were in the pool a lot? The kiddos have been in swim lessons on and off again their entire lives. They love the water and are little fishes! It bums me out so much sometimes that they don't have the opportunity to experience the water daily like Garrett and I did growing up .... and it made my heart smile to see how the pushed themselves each day while in Vegas and grew in confidence.
I may have been a little giddy over the 4th of July outfits this year!
And of course Garrett and I couldn't pass up a date night!




























No comments:
Post a Comment