Last week Garrett tells me 'hey, I have a 4-day weekend this weekend.' And I immediately know what I want to do with that! I had been trying desperately to work out an opportunity to drive up and visit my dear friend Kassy and sweet little Rosie who was just born in November. Rosie's daddy, Mike, is currently deployed and it was just overall killing me that I hadn't met Rosie yet. Kassy planned on heading over to Germany for an extended stay with Mike and would not be back before we Carr's PCS out of here; so we're anticipating this would be our last chance of a visit for who knows how long! Garrett put his game face on for 4 full days of solo daddy duty to include a 9am soccer game {of course it was also picture day!} and I was off by 5am on the 7+ hour drive!
First stop was for some breakfast!
Yay! I made it!
She truly is as sweet as she looks!
It was such a great weekend. We didn't do anything spectacular, unless you think a trip to Kohl's and Chipotle is...we did ;) ! Just a lot of good conversation and playing on the floor with the baby.
As I mentioned above, we're not quite sure when our next meet up will be so this visit was a little bittersweet. We are all PCS'ing soon with no idea where our next permanent duty stations are as of yet. We have felt SOOO lucky to have these duty stations as close as they were and I'm going to miss just being a days drive away! The Vanderlaans are our closest friends and our kiddos know them as Auntie and Uncle, as we are also to Rosie. They are not just our military family.....they are family. *sniff sniff tear* Let's just move on before I get any more mushy ok, ok.
So on my drive back as I was winding through the trees and farm lands of Delaware and Maryland, I passed by this old one room church.
It was obviously old AND still in use so it peaked my interest. Since there was just me in the car I decided to turn around and check it out. Turns out it was built in 1640! Can you imagine the history?! My mind just started racing, imagining everything this church has seen over the years. Presumably, people have been coming to worship here every week for the past 300+ years! What a treat to be able to see a small piece of history like that :) .
2 comments:
Way to go Garrett and take over so Julie could be with Kassy!!Friendships are sooo very important. Glad you three had time together. Rosie is adorable!!!
What a sweet little church along the way.
Thanks for sharing.
Miss you all so much,
Huggs,
grammy karen
Oh I was SO happy you came, it means so much. We love you guys. The church pictures are great, I have to stop by there when I get back! Funny how we miss out on seeing the things right around us...
Post a Comment