What is my deal!? Two weeks into February and I'm finally getting a post in. Actually, I think I know what the deal is. Garrett is home. And I mean that in a good way, a really REALLY good way. When he was deployed I usually blogged after the kiddos went to bed and it was just me, a glass of wine, and the TV / computer. Now my routine is all off and I need to get back in the habit of blogging during nap time. 'Cause we've been busy, and there's a lot to talk about :)
To get things rolling again I'll give you a peak at what Garrett has been working on. You might remember that before deployment he had taken up woodworking. He built some stuff for the garage, bird house, simple bookshelf for Kayla's room, a small wine rack, and a beautiful mirror. So when he got back he was more than ready to take on a new project. I told him Gavin could really use some storage / organization for his room and that I really like the Pottery Barn Kids cubby shelving systems they have. And he was on it! This is his first attempt at a nice, finished, piece of furniture for the house and I think it turned out SOOO nice!
It's not quite finished. Next, Garrett will be working on a slightly larger base for the piece to sit on that will have two drawers; similar to what's pictured in the PBK link.
Last Friday we met up with our good friends the Sankers for a little park and picnic playdate. The kiddos were SO excited to be seeing each other outside of {pre}school and Adrienne and I enjoyed chatting and catching up with one another :)
Gavin was NOT so into being spun around!
How precious is little miss Alice?!
Thanks for the fun morning at the park Sankers!
1 comment:
Beautiful bookcase Garrett!! Park pictures sooo cute, Alice is adorable:)
Post a Comment