Our first big outing during our San Diego trip was to the local mountains with my mom and her good friend Lou. Back when I was around Kayla's age my mom and I camped all.the.time. at William Heise Campground just outside the super cute town of Julian We spent so many weekends there we were on first name basis with the park rangers. Lot's of good memories! So on this visit we thought it was a good time to see the old place again and take the kiddos for a hike my mom and I used to do :)
How funny is this! We walked up on 3 wild turkeys.
Of course I forgot my Ergo carrier to strap Gavin on my back with, so us 3 adults took turns carrying him when he got tired.
I'm sure if you're not from Southern California you've still at least heard of the fires we get on all most an annual basis. Our dry terrain and high winds is a perfect breeding ground for large scale out of control fire threats. A few years ago one such fire blew threw this area and although much had grown back you can still see reminders of the devastation.
hmmmm ~ let's check the map!
With 1 retired photographer and 2 hobbyist photographers on the hike you know there will be some quick photo sessions!

Time for a picnic lunch! Even Subway tastes better after a good hike! {Just for the record, those cute little cabins are new ~ mom and I were true campers, tent style back in the day!}
No comments:
Post a Comment