Sunday, November 13, 2011

San Diego ~ Family

We finally made it home late late Friday night but I have 2 more San Diego posts to put up {including this one} to be caught up. 

Family.  That's why I packed up 2 kiddos and made the oh so stressful journey across the country.  It had been over a year since we were 'home' and I missed them.  I wanted to reconnect, love on all my sweet little 1st cousins once removed {that would be my cousins' kiddos and my kiddo's 2nd cousins.  Gotta love Wikipedia!}.  It's hard living so far away.  It's even harder when Garrett is deployed and I'm parenting without him.  But life goes on: there are family ups and downs, celebrations, birthdays, births, and deaths.  Most of which we can not be a part of.  Garrett and I don't have siblings so I really look forward to the few opportunities we have of being with all our extended families.  Especially now that we do have kids.  For them to be loved on by their great aunts and uncles, cousins, friends back home that are like family.....it tears me up and makes my heart smile when Kayla and Gavin realize that they have a great number of people who love them and they call family.

OK, enough with the mushy stuff and on to the photos; get comfortable 'cause there's a lot!!

First up to bat was a play date with my cousin Christie {I can't believe we didn't get a picture of the two of us!} and her two little ones Ava {who is 2 weeks older than Gavin} and sweet baby Emma who's about 5mo.       
  








Uncle Rich {Christie's dad, my mom's brother}

Family gathering on my mom's side:  Grandma Loraine with her great grandbabies {Ava and Emma were sick and couldn't be there :( }  ps. it was a Halloween party so all the kiddos were dressed up and even some of us big kids!







I know you probably can't see it but Jimmy and Sophia are brother and sister!  Kayla had a ball with Sophia and seriously cried when we left the party, Jen I think we'll need to skype soon!





Family time with Garrett's side!
 


Grandpa Ron aka The Tickle Monster!




<- Great Grandpa Willie

Skyping with Garrett





Family gathering on my dad's side.  I know I look like the one that doesn't belong but I swear we're cousins ;)


The two ladies on my right and I were all pregnant at the same time on my last visit and we had our sweet babies within about a month of each other!  Hence the 'triplets' :)











Gavin lovin' on Lucy, the furry great grandbaby!













Great Grandma Donna and Great Papa Earl.


Despite all the family we visited with there were still quite a few we missed {and some we saw but I just didn't get a photo of :( }.  I'm sorry we missed you guys, I hope all our schedules work out next time!

No comments: