Garrett left last week, and it was interesting because this was the first time Kayla was old enough to kinda grasp what was going on. Daddy told her he was going to work for a long time and it was going to be many days before he would return.....but he WOULD return. He told her he was going to go to the airport and get on an airplane to work far far away. She knows what an airport is and that airplanes take you far from home so I think she really did get this point in her 2 1/2 year old mind. When we sat at the window and watched daddy's car disappear around the corner Kayla said 'ohhhhh I miss daddy' which she doesn't usually say when watching Garrett leave for work. So yeah, I think she gets it as much as a 2 year old can. Because this site is not private or secure I won't be sharing any specific details of Garrett's deployment. Of course I'll update as much as I can on how he's doing and that sort of thing, but if you have any specific questions or concerns about him please email or call me and I'll try to answer any questions I can that way.
As always life goes on whether we want to have a pity party or not. I've got two little ones that keep me on my toes and the days seem to go quickly. May Day here was hot and a little humid so my neighbor and I thought it was time to break out this year's new and improved kiddie pool she got at Target. The kids had a blast. Even Gavin enjoyed bouncing in his little infant chair in the cool shade.






No comments:
Post a Comment