Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elmo Live! ~ 4 Months old

Holy moly where is the time going?!?  May is nearly over and on the 10th Gavin was 4mos old!  Garrett has been gone for about three weeks now and (cross your fingers, say a little prayer!) the days...and nights....have gone pretty smooth.  Before ( like a year ago) the thought of the possibility of Garrett deploying and leaving me with a baby and nearly three year old made me want to cover my ears, close my eyes, and sing lalalalala I can't hear you!!  But seriously God is good because I don't know how we'd survive otherwise.  He has truly blessed me with a 95% sweet little girl who adores her baby brother, a chill baby boy that's all smiles, and an awesome husband that sends me flowers and signs me up for Wine of the Month Club when he can't be here.  I really can't ask for much more than that folks!  The first few days were a little rough, I can never predict how Kayla is going to act out after Garrett leaves; this time she repeatedly squeezed out sun block/ lotions/eye make-up remover on my furniture which is SOOOO not like her, she's never done that before, even as a toddler!  So we sat down, worked on using our words as well as a few disciplinary measures and these days she's doing much better :). 

Garrett has finally arrived to his final destination in country and is doing great.  He's got a room to himself with internet access so that's super awesome.  So far we've been able to talk on the phone and web call with video via skype a few times so hopefully that doesn't change.

One day last week I had a babysitter come to be with Gavin so Kayla and I could have a special mommy and me day.  And what to do on a day like this.....go see Elmo and friends LIVE on stage of course!!



We had a great time!  Kayla was so excited and had so much fun dancing and singing along with the lovable characters.

As mentioned above, Gavin is four months old!  At his check-up on the 10th he was 15 lb 11 oz and 25.3 inches long.  Growing big and strong.  Months three and four were full of little milestones.  He's rolling over, mostly back to tummy, and is really starting to enjoy being on his tummy for longer periods of time.  He's experimenting with new vowel sounds and loves to squeal with delight and blow gurgling spit bubbles.  I love him!  He gets so excited watching his big sissy dance around him and is trying so hard to creep around on his blanket.  Currently one of Gavin's all time favorite thing to do right now is grab his toes.  So stinkin cute I could eat him up! 

On the down side of months three and four have been the tamming of the beast known as eczema and sleep training.  It seems that I went from not knowing much at all about eczema to becomming an expert on the subject in just a few short weeks.  He's had several doctors appointments due to the eczema and I think I finally have got a handle on it, but hopefully he will grow out of it by his toddler years.  As far as the sleep goes....it's a work in progress.  He's down to one feeding at night but still has several random night wakings so it seems like we're still pretty far from officially 'sleeping through the night'....bummer.  During the day he prefers to have two 'catnaps' in his crib and one longer third nap in the beloved swing.  A bedtime routine has been established and hopefully consistant naps aren't to far off.

anyhoo......on to the pics....... 
        





and a random video sample of Gavin's latest shenanigans :)


1 comment:

Kassy and Mike said...

Gavin is going to be cruising around soon!! I love that video of him in the swing bouncing around! haha!