
Since Garrett has been gone Kayla's sleep has been all messed up. She has just been a real stinker and put up a strong fight at just about every nap and bedtime which really screws up the great sleep schedule we had going. The other day she even hurled herself out of the crib for the first time! It was pretty scary, for both of us, I think she landed flat on her back or tummy and she hasn't tried again. Which is a good thing because the thought of trying to keep her in a toddler bed right now is a nightmare. So the other day when I went into her room in the morning this is how I found her. It's actually a pretty typical sight: all her 'friends' gathered around her, the tiger as a pillow, her little blankie and pasci at arms reach, and her legs through the crib slats. And yes she really does sleep with all these animals. It started with just the monkey and a little beanie baby cat, but over time she has adopted the others (there are actually more you can't see in the photo) and insists on sleeping with them all.
Garrett is due back home on Thursday for about ten days and then off again for 2-3 months. We don't have much planed for those ten days, just good quality family time and a little birthday party for Kayla. I'm coming up on 15 weeks and most days feeling pretty good. Thankfully the dreadful fatigue is gone and I just have random days of lingering 'morning' sickness. I have an ultrasound on Thursday so cross your fingers, I might have a few pics to share :)
2 comments:
She's precious. Just love her!
Grammy Karen
That was a sweet little insight into little Kayla's sweet social personality...what a doll. I can't believe that she is turning 2!!!
Good luck on Thursday, are you planning on finding our the sex?
Post a Comment