Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BIRTHDAY GIRL

Yes today is Kayla's second birthday! I know, I can't believe it either! Last weekend while Garrett was still here we had a little early birthday party with her neighborhood buddies.









Little Ben,


and sweet Sam and Molly.

The mamas



and the daddys.








Christopher, Andrew, and Kayla







And then the big moment, the song. I think Kayla enjoyed this part.




I was a little nervous giving Kayla this cupcake, it was about 6:30 and bed time was coming up. This is a girl that has VERY LITTLE sugar in her diet and I was expecting her to be out of control and bouncing off the walls. It was a little crazy though because she didn't change at all, you would never know that she had devoured an entire cupcake and bedtime was no problem! It was a fun fun evening. Garrett grilled burgers and dogs, we had some yummy sides, and of course the cupcakes. All though we missed celebrating with family, it was a nice change of pace from her HUGE 1st birthday party.

An update on her stats:

31.5 pounds, 35.5 inches (yes this is close to the average 3 year old) she's not lacking in physical growth.

She still has a few more teeth to go, soon she will be having her first dental visit.

Physically she has continued to soar. Run, walk, jump, skip, climb, she remains very active and is always pushing herself to the next level.

Perhaps because she has been more focused on her physical accomplishments, her speech is slowly progressing. She has many single words in her vocabulary and a few two and three word phrases like 'need help', 'where is it', 'thank you', and 'hi ___ or bye___'. She can understand just about everything you say to her and follow most directions (when she's not feeling sassy).

Speaking of sassy, did I mention she's two! Oh yeah, we're definitely testing our boundaries these days. Time outs are usually very effective but occasionally her stubbornness takes over and we end up having a stand off of sorts.......and of course mommy and daddy win.

Since day one I've described Kayla as passionate and spirited. And that she still is! A delicate flower she is not. She's a tough girl with a big heart and loves meeting new people. I adore her and feel so blessed to have her in our life!

No comments: