Monday, June 15, 2009

update

blog oh blog where have you been? Actually that's what the blog is saying to me! I know, it has been way to long and some of you might be wondering what the heck is going on with those Carrs. Well.........here it is.....we are pregnant! 10 weeks along and due January 10th! This first trimester has been exhausting and I've been napping or vegging during my usual time to blog. But lately I've been feeling some energy returning and hopefully I can get back into the regular posting routine. We are pretty excited but also very nervous about the two child dynamics. Kayla will be about 2 1/2 when the baby is born and we're hoping that's a good difference, not to close not to far apart. But really we have no idea what to expect, Garrett and I are both only children and the whole sibling thing is completely foreign territory. So there is going to be a lot of praying as we go :).

In other news, Garrett may be gone quiet a bit this summer, he's scheduled to go to Ranger school for the army in July and that can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to complete and there will be NO communication with him during that time. He's a little nervous because it is a VERY physically demanding course and not everyone makes it through. So please keep him in your prayers. I know there is always a lot of questions about deployments so I'll try to address that as best I can without a lot of army mumbo jumbo. Garrett's unit has been basically put on a hours to weeks notice response time. This means if a situation arises for immediate response Garrett could be called up. The situation could be anything from stateside natural disaster relief to oversees conflicts. Most likely if he is called up the deployment would be pretty short, weeks to months. That said, rumor has it that it's looking highly unlikely that he'll be deployed in the next year, however he is in the army and we really just never know. If he's not deployed in the next year, rumor also has it that we will be facing a long deployment next summer :(.

So those are the two main updates for now; I promise promise promise to get some new pics up soon!

4 comments:

Angela Henderson said...

Congrats!. Two is just fine you guys will be great. And Kala will have a little playmate. Are you going to find out what your haveing?

Unknown said...

You finally posted the good news! I have been thinking about you a lot and am so excited for you guys. Kayla's sweet personality will make her a great big sis. You guys are in my thoughts daily and we miss you so much.
Random ? How far away from BWI are you guys?

Yemi Ogunbase said...

Let Garrett know that the course is physically demanding (from what I've heard), but it's also the mental aspect that mostly dominates. Same with Selection for Delta Force. Have him read "Inside Delta Force" by Eric Haney. It's a good book, but goes through how mentally challenging it is.

Congrats on 10 weeks! Kayla will be just fine. Just make sure to give her lots of attention.

Kelly said...

yay!! Congratulations!!