we made our first run to the ER,
and came home with four stitches! Kayla was 81/2 months old and pulling herself up on everything, including this oak tv tray.
One day she was slightly stronger than the next and pulled it down on herself! LOT'S of blood and crying from both of us......a visit from the fire paramedic after my mom called 911......we declined the ride in an ambulance and rushed to the ER ourselves. By the time we got to the waiting room Kayla was happy as a clam again, totally oblivious to the fact that she had a huge gash in her forehead.
a couple hours and four stitches later we were back home and on the mend. 
They were in for about a week and then we went back to have them removed. Apparently the old school ones you have to have removed have less of a chance of leaving a big scar. Not that it really matters, they were so close to her hair line you can't even see the faint line anymore.
Lesson learned. Baby proof, baby proof, baby proof!
ps.....can that face BE any cuter. seriously.
2 comments:
I remember that day like it was yesterday! You called me at work and all I could get from you was "Kayla's head is bleeding and I have to come home!" Of course I called 911, I didn't know what to expect. The cute firemen said she needed stitches and off we went. Kayla was a good little patient and we were a wreck!
Yes, baby proof, baby proof,and then baby proof some more :)
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year.
Lovies and Huggs, Garrett be safe traveling home
Grammy Karen
Oh my goodness! I must have missed this baby story, but are glad that you shared it with us on the anniversary.
Jake is crawling and pulling himself up on everything as well and luckily (as I knock on my wooden table) he has only gotten bumps and bruises thus far. I was so excited for him to start crawling and now to start cruising and walking, but I never anticipated the sheer amount of fear and anguish that results after a misstep.
Enjoy your night out!!!
Post a Comment