Thursday, March 12, 2009

Charleston

Well we made it there and back again. On Sunday Kayla and I hopped in the car and made the 4.5 hour drive down to Charleston to visit our friends, Doug, Shannon, Dougie, and Riley.

Brief background; Garrett and I met Doug and Shannon and Dougie when we lived in Hawaii through our church. Shannon gave me a lead on an investigator position available with their employer and I jumped on it. So we became great friend and coworkers. Fast forward a few years later, we both added to our families with beautiful little girls born on the SAME DAY! so fun! And they now live in SC, an easy drive from us, so with Garrett in the field, Kayla and I thought it was the perfect time to make an extended playdate visit.

I was a little stressed about the thought of just the two of us in the car that long, but Kayla really stepped up and proved once again she's a great traveler. I really need to stop doubting her! It didn't take long for the girls to warm up to each other.

they were even willing to share a little food.

We did a little sightseeing. Charleston is a beautiful city and the weather was great while we were there.

Scoped out the local wildlife,

did a little shopping,

and went to the park.








Kayla decided she was done with the toddler equipment and it was time to go up and down the big kids slides all be herself. Such a little daredevil!







We all had a great time, unfortunately we were so busy taking pics of our adorable kiddos none were taken of the rest of us. Next time we'll make sure we all get in there and hopefully Garrett will be able to make the trip as well.

Garrett will be in the field until Sunday, so the countdown is on. I talked to him once, briefly, since my last post. He's doing well, just tired, they keep them all busy out there.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

glad you made it safe, glad you had fun, glad it was good weather, and glad that the countdown to garrett is here, hope it goes by quickly . . .
LOVE YA . . .

Kassy and Mike said...

Looks like you're out and about for sure! Kayla is getting so big and I'm sad I'm not there to see her in person. Great photos!!