Thursday, March 26, 2009

story time and cereal

As mentioned in previous posts, I love to read. Garrett and I have really tried to pass this on to Kayla. And so far so good. She really enjoys her books (she has plenty to choose from throughout the house). It seems that her M.O. is to get attached to a particular book or two and for a period of time that is the only one that interests her, until she moves on to another one. Right now it's a Sesame Street one that I picked out of the dollar bin from Target. Seriously. The dollar bin at Target. They have great little books there and Kayla loves them just as much as her fancy ones from the bookstore.

This next video I didn't even realize Garrett had taken. I think it was about a week ago and he decided to be brave and give Kayla her first bowl or cereal with milk and everything. She did great!

As for a little update. Garrett returned from the field about a week and a half ago, exhausted and stinky, and we all enjoyed some laid back family time. This past Tuesday he left again, this time for Louisiana for about a month. :( . He is definitely NOT enjoying it there and these next few weeks can't go fast enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see new videos. Can't get enough of little Kayla! I hope Garrett is safe and the time goes quickly for you both. Look forward to being there next week!!

Hugs and Lovies,
Grammy Karen