I love love LOVE to read. And I have since childhood. I never go to the library, I buy all my books (new or used) and I keep my books. I love to see them stacked up high, I love the smell of them. It's interesting to see the transformation of my book selection over the years, from the 'Sweet Valley Twins' and "Anne of Green Gable's' series to what I read today. I enjoy the current best sellers, the unknown authors, and classics. In high school, thanks to my freshman English teacher Ms. Geba, I developed a passion for the classics and Shakespeare. Whether it be Austin, Dickens, Bronte, Dumas, etc. bring it on, I love 'em. Garrett knows if he ever wants to take me to a play, Shakespeare is always a winner. At SDSU the one and only class I took for the pure enjoyment of it was on Shakespeare. It was me, the criminal justice major, and a bunch of english major. It was awesome.
So this brings me to my 2009 reading list. I decided to put it on the blog (scroll down and you'll see it on the right). I'll post the books as I complete them. Feel free to make comments, or recommendations, as you see books that interest you, good or bad, it can be a cyber book club of sorts. I'm always interested about other peoples thoughts about a book. This year is going to be the year I reread a lot of my books, so you might notice new publications mixed with older ones. So far, my first recommendation is 'The Shack'. Check it out.
6 comments:
did you finish it? have you started the next one?
I did finish it and the rest of them should be here later this week.
I love to read too. It is truly a passion for me. I worked with a librarian in Carmel who kept, in spiral notebooks, the title and author of every book she had read through her life of something over 60 years. How I wish I had done that!
I am currently in 2 books - Multiple Blessings and Paris to the Moon. I plan to read The Shack and then I an going to read A Journal for Jordan by Dana Canedy. Check that out on Amazon - it may hit too close to home for you, but I cannot wait to start it.
Even thought I am a librarian, I prefer to buy my books. I tried to keep them all, but have had to give many away. If I had kept them all, I'd need a much bigger house!
How is it that it's only Jan 13th and you have 4 books already listed? You are a reading fool! I started one during our trip to PA and haven't picked it back up again. Don't forget to post the pics of Kayla and her new slide!
I, too, am a Nicholas Sparks fan and have read The Shack. Am in a bit of a dry spell at the moment and look forward to your recommendations!
Thanks for the recommendation Susan! I know what you mean about the books and a bigger house!
Heidi, whenever your ready to borrow some books let me know, we can be reading fools together.
Lynda if it's written by Nicholas Sparks I will read it! He is sooooo addicting! Did you read his 'Three Weeks with my Brother'? Very good! When I get into a dry spell I'll look forward to what you all are reading.
Post a Comment