Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Past Week in Review

So for the last week Kayla and I have been house sitting for our wonderful family Friends, the Nocons. They are on an amazing three week family vacation in the Mediterranean and asked me if we could watch over their home and critters. I said of course. A little background: we met Rey and Molly Nocon back in 1993 when we were their neighbors and their daughter, Shannon, was about the age Kayla is now, 1. I was 12 and she was my first babysitting gig. I was the well established babysitter by the time her brother, Kelly, came along in 1995. Eventually my mom and I moved from the neighborhood but not before we had all become great friends. If you were at our wedding you might remember Molly and her brother-in-law Andy Nocon sang before the ceremony and the adorable little jr. bridesmaid and groomsman was Shannon and Kelly. After years of babysitting, house sitting, and family gatherings, before I left San Diego their house seriously feels like a second home to me. And I have to admit, it feels a little trippy to be here in their same home after all these years now with my 1 year old. It's a little crazy at night to have her sleeping back in Kelly's room and me sitting in the same place watching TV where I used to, waiting for Rey and Molly to come home! Anyhoo...the photos coming up are a bit random, most are here at the Nocon's, as will most from the next two weeks be. Kayla absolutely loves their dog Chipper and just can't get enough of him.








One of the great things about the Nocon home is that they have a fabulous pool, so our friends, Kelley, Eric, and CJ Parham, have come over several times all ready for a swim. Kayla got her first instruction for the Wii Mario Cart by Uncle Eric.


Once again we went to the Zoo this week. I think Kayla was enjoying a little hay with the goats!

2 comments:

Kelley Parham said...

I LOVE the video!!!! Super cute.

Kelley Parham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.