Before we get to the Spring break and Easter photos we'll start with the random stuff. A few weeks ago Kayla had been complaining of a headache over the span of a couple days and started getting stuffy. I think she was just needing a serious down day. That and springtime allergies were kicking in. So she stayed home from school; on a day Gavin had school and I had a hair appointment planned.
Sometimes you just can't limit yourself!!
Kayla and I also had an awesome little afternoon for two. She had a short day from school on a day Gavin was again in school so we ate froyo until our tummies hurt .....
went on a nature walk....
and soared on the swings....
It was so, SO good to spend some much needed time together. We seldom have the opportunity for that one on one time these days and I miss it! And so does she. It was a good day.
He calls it his Speedy Wheels and his goal is to pedal his little legs as fast as they can go!
He calls it his Speedy Wheels and his goal is to pedal his little legs as fast as they can go!
The week before Spring break Gavin and I were stuck inside one day waiting for the chimney repair guy to show up....
A big exciting adventure for us is our upcoming first ever family camping trip {next weekend, weather permitting}! Garrett and I both grew up camping .... so many fantastic memories .... and we have been anxious to start this chapter with our own kiddos. But we had two important requirements to fill first ... well three actually. 1: everyone must be potty trained, and 2: no longer sleeping in a crib and napping wasn't a huge deal. We just had NOOOOO interest camping in a tent with babies or toddlers. No thank you. And the third requirement ..... purchase all needed supplies. That one took a while. So now, we've finally got all the boxes checked and we're ready to roll! Of course we had to set up the {very necessary and reasonable two-room, 10 man} tent and spray it down with Kiwi Camp Dry. As soon as that happened the kiddos begged to have a backyard camp-out. We still needed something comfy to sleep on so I declined .... but Garrett, of course, is a tough Army Ranger and scoffed at my hesitation. I tucked them into their sleeping bags gave 'em a kiss on the forehead and skipped away as they enjoyed story-time by flashlight.
Needless to say, the next morning .... Garrett swallowed down 3 Advil ASAP and we were off to Bass Pro Shop hunting down the most luxurious air sleep pads ;).
Ahhhhhhh, day 1 of Spring break. My cherry tree finally bloomed out front!
Such a nicer start than last year. Day 1 looked like this:
Day one was spent mostly inside catching up on housework so we could enjoy the rest of the week, chore free. In the midst of all my cleaning Kayla handed me this note.

After I read it she whispered something in Gavin's ear and they ran off giggling to their rooms. A few minutes later they called me in to show off their freshly straightened up rooms! That girl. There are times we but heads and get under each others skin like only a mother and daughter can. And then in a blink, I am blessed. And reminded why I am hers and she is mine.
Day 2. It rained. It POURED!

And we went to the movies to see Rio 2. Which, by the way, was super cute.

Day 3. Sunshine! But it was chilly. We rode a few laps around the neighborhood and then played in the yard for a while. Frisbee was the game. And I wish I had a video, but the kiddos are actually getting really good at tossing it!
Catching is still a work in progress.
Day 4.

For the record. I worked really hard for the 88 ..... and I guess, so did the kiddos. Garrett is the bottom score.
Day 5. Haircut FAIL! And I actually paid for those :(. I don't even want to talk about it anymore. Let's just move on.
Easter!
After church we had a neighborhood egg hunt!
The neighbors!
And more specifically, our very next door neighbors!
In a lot of ways the neighbors you end up with can really make or brake a duty station. And thankfully, once again, we've ended up with some great ones! Truly. Their kiddos are as cute as a button and sweet to match AND we all really enjoy each others company. We ended up having a bit of a spontaneous joint Easter dinner bar-b-q. All in all, a great day celebrating our living Savior!
































No comments:
Post a Comment