Ahhhhh, the classic cell phone dump post! As like I'm sure everyone else, the pics on my phone are taking up more space than I'd care for. They are snapshots of mostly random moments that don't really fit in any particular blog post ..... so let's just group them together in the most random way possible shall we?!
First up. DC of course! Last week Gavin and I had to take an old family friend to the airport just outside of DC first thing in the morning. He was here for work but stayed with us his last night in town for some much needed catching up time! Anyways, Kayla was in school and since we were all ready down there I just couldn't pass up a spontaneous field trip with my little man. We ended up at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum because it's a trusty family favorite. They have a very cool butterfly room that you have to pay extra for .... and since Gavin was super little the last time we took him through, I thought it was time for him to pass through again.
We browsed the Nature's Best Photography Awards and I just had to share this one because it's 1. Awesome and 2. a shout out to San Diego! This was taken at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and the mama here is looking at a photo of her baby in a magazine (and said baby is also sitting right next to her)! I love it.
On our way back to the car we meandered through the National Sculpture Garden. I had never done that before and was totally surprised to find tucked back in there, in front of the National Archives Building, was an ice rink! We had a nice moment watching the skaters. Definitely want to go back there for some skating fun!
One morning last week we had massive fog! It lasted until about 10:30am! crazy.
Hidden pictures ~ a fan favorite!
Watching an intense scene during The Iron Giant ♥
BFF'S ~ Kayla picked this Mickey out for Gavin at Disneyland back in 2010 when he was 6 months old. They have rarely spent a night apart since .... ♥
playing together, listening to her radio ... while the snow storm rages on outside her window.
Another snow day!
At a birthday party, all the other little girls wanted Hello kitty or flowers or butterflies..... She wanted a triceratops .... I ♥ my girl.
and just another typical morning ....

















No comments:
Post a Comment