Thursday, December 12, 2013

O Christmas Tree

Last weekend we made a little family field trip to the Christmas Tree Farm.  Wait!  What happened to November .... Thanksgiving?!  To be honest I'm not sure.  Wasn't October... like.... 2 days ago?  I literally have one batch of photos from November .... that I will blog about, but it's kind of on the back burner right now.  In a nutshell, November was great!  I spent some awesome time with a group of awesome middle schoolers and we ate entirely to much the last week of the month. 

So back to the field trip.  Our morning was pretty rushed getting out the door and I left the one thing behind I never do..... my camera!  ahhhhhh!  And then Garrett said 'well you have your knew fancy cell phone with you, don't you?'  Why yes.  I did.  Just the day before we upgraded to the new Samsung Galaxy S4.  
I'll just pause for a moment there.  Some you might know this about us .... but Garrett and I .... generally... could care less about having all the new expensive gadgets.  We have never .... like, seriously never .... have had a current generation cell phone.  When we upgrade it's usually 1 or 2 generations past.  And we only broke into the smart phone market a little over a year ago.  I remember some years back being sooooo impressed when I got my first phone with a camera in it and joyfully sharing with a friend how cool I was ... and then she popped my bubble and said 'ummmmm, I didn't even know they made cameraless phones anymore!'  
Anyways.  This new fancy phone has a 13 megapixel camera.  Not exactly the highest option out there .... but a heck of a lot better than my old phone with literally 4 megapixels!  And I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the photos from our field trip.  I edited them a bit in Lightroom, but not much; no more than I do for my DSLR photos.  I'm just happy to know that I now have a reliable back up camera option ;)

This tree farm was pretty fantastic!





Gavin found his perfect tree!




We walked all around that place.  High and low looking for just the right tree.


And an outing wouldn't be complete without the occasional attitude adjustment for one of us 4 ;)



We were so excited at the thought of chopping down our own tree.  But they were pretty picked over.  I have a feeling the weekend before {Thanksgiving weekend} was super busy for the farm.  So we ended up in the pre-picked tree area and found an absolutely perfect one!  It really is the best one we've ever had.  While it was getting trimmed, shaken, and wrapped up the kiddos killed some time on the little play area.







Game time: Spot the Elf!




Every year we let Kayla try to hang Tink at the top; thinking maybe, after another year, she won't be scared up there high on daddy's shoulders ..... not so much :/ .  She doesn't mind being up there .... it's the letting go and leaning forward she's not a fan of.





No comments: