One last post from when the grandma's were in town. Better late than never, right?! Sheesh. I don't know what me problem was this year with the blogging. It seems my MO was to take long breaks and then bursts of updates. I don't like it and I think I know what one of my 'goals' for 2015 will be .....
anyways....
*Kayla's self timer photo*
As I mentioned before, there were loads of craft projects while she was here...
Our last big outing was to Annapolis and the US Naval Academy. We got the day started off right with a yummy breakfast at one of our favorite spots, The Boatyard. I was having a hard time finding a place in the 'hub' that served Saturday breakfast {most of the restaurants down there specialize in the Sunday Brunch}. On a whim I looked up our favorite lunch locale and ..... choir music ..... they serve breakfast all weekend long! Yes please.
After we were perfectly stuffed it was time to walk it off! First stop was the Historic District of Annapolis.
On the right is the dome of the The Maryland State House. History note: "Built in 1772 ... it's the oldest state capitol still in continuous legislative use and is the only state house ever to have served as the nation's capitol". And on the left is the spire of St. Anne's Parish, which is 150 years old! Now that's a Historic District people!
Next, was the Naval Academy's beautiful grounds and museum...
It was a lot of walking! We all needed a little break!
*Kayla Photos from the outing*
The night before Grammy Karen and Grandma Linda left it just happened to be our regularly scheduled Family Formal Night! It was a great way to relax and enjoys each others company one last time .... and opportunity for one more group photo :)

Thanks for the visit grandmas!! It sure was a great one and we miss you guys!!





















1 comment:
Thank you so much for having us! We had a wonderful time and did so many fun things.
It was really hard to leave, miss you too!
Huggs,
grammy karen
Post a Comment