On of our favorite 'free entertainment' activities is the Lowe's Build and Grow Workshops. {Home Depot also does these kind of kids workshops, but less frequently ..... and Lowe's usually seems to have 'better' projects} This Summer Lowe's has partnered with Disney/Pixar and the projects have been from Monster Inc., Toy Story, and the upcoming Planes movie. On this day we were working on the RC car from Toy Story!
I'll admit..... this was actually the first time I went to the workshop. Usually, it's a special outing for Garrett and Kayla {and now Gavin too, this was his 3rd workshop} but we made it a family affair today. All the kiddos get an apron to keep and a patch for every workshop they complete. Kayla has quite a few now! Her arms are covering a lot of them ..... and some have a fallen off .... cause I'm more of a 'fabric glue' kind of mom rather than a 'sewing' mom ;) .
In other news, we had another play date with our great friends the Sankers! Always a fun time!
They came the day after Kayla's birthday, so of course we had cake!
And this Summer was the first VBS {vacation bible school} year for Kayla! Last Summer would have been her first but we were moving around so much she missed it :(
Our church has a steeple ..... I love it.
I was there every night as a 'floating volunteer' helping out where ever needed; but on the last night family joined in the closing worship and got a glimpse of what the kiddos did all week.
Kayla's group on stage ~ she's front row, far left.
An average of 65 kiddos were there every night! The church really did a great job with the event!



















1 comment:
Looks like you are having a fun summer! When I visit, I'll sew on the patches!:)
Loves and Huggs,
grammy karen
Post a Comment