Monday, August 5, 2013

Kayla is SIX!!!





OK, seriously, what's going on here people?!  How is it that my baby is SIX?!  Our big girl woke up to the now traditional birthday decorations!
*hi, we've lived here for over 6 months now and there's still packing paper in the corner and big ben hasn't been hung yet ..... whataya gonna do.... *

Nothing huge this year; just the four of us.  Her gift from mom and dad was her very first Nikon camera!


*pause* I am so so SO excited about this.  AND so was she!!  Lately whenever we go out and about she always asks if she can take a picture with my camera.  I remember adoring my first camera as a kid and new she would be over the moon to have one of her own.  I did a lot of research and quickly ruled out the 'kid' cameras like fisher-price and VTech; and came across the Nikon S31: Waterproof, shockproof and dustproof, the whole family can enjoy this easy-to-use camera.  So far we have been really happy with it!  It seems to be a great 'kid' camera!  {I would have photos of hers to show you from her birthday .... but her first painful lesson was the difference between 'delete' and 'delete all' :( .}  

A big hit was a Twister game from Grammy Karen! 


~you're never to old to twist! ..... well actually, maybe you are .... i was a little sore the next day!~

 Kayla opted for a big cake rather than cupcakes this year.  




Another fan favorite this year was the rocket launch set Papa Derwin and Grandma Phyllis sent her!



*like father like son*

It was a great great day.  Very low-key and relaxed .... much like last year .... perhaps next year we'll do the whole party thing!



1 comment:

grammy karen said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Kayla!!!
I love and miss you bunches!!

Grammy Karen

P.S. Can't wait to see some of her pictures!!!