I'm afraid this post is going to be a bit longer and will cover more activities than usual. We've been pretty busy around here since Garrett came home and since today is actually Christmas Eve there's still more to do ~family stuff that is~ so I'm just going to get right to it :)
The day after Garrett returned we began settling right into some of our usual routines. Him making yummy weekend breakfast with his little helper.
And enjoying some good morning cartoons :)
Our first big family outing was to the Christmas Tree farm! This was our fourth year coming here and it's always a great time! It was especially fun for Gavin since it was his first time to be able to really run around there.
'Look mom, I think this one is perfect!'
Last week my mom flew out to be here through Christmas, the kiddos had no idea she was coming so we surprised them when they woke up.
Last week Kayla had her Christmas play at school. She was SO excited, as were we all.
It took her a few minutes to spot us in the crowd and you could tell she was getting a bit fretful about it, but once she did she was all smiles!
Two of her sweet little friends, Lincoln and Clara, whose mama took all the wonderful photos at Garrett's homecoming.
We also all went to Disney on Ice!
The show started at 6pm and went until about 8pm. Gavin and Kayla usually are in bed by 7:30 so he was definitely getting tired and a bit cranky but for the most part he really enjoyed the show too. He also woke up the next day with a pretty runny nose and the start of a nasty cold that lasted all last week :(.
The show was AWESOME!!
Like I said, it was a nasty cold! Gavin was SO congested and had such hard time sleeping so him and Grammy Karen curled up one day for a good LONG nap.
We've been busy crafting! More than expected because our outings have been limited since Gavin was sick.
The last thing on our to-do list was the annual gingerbread house {kit, of course}! This time we got the little tree to go with it too :) have I mentioned how happy we are daddy came home in time for Christmas!!
We opened the gingerbread house box and ever.single.piece. was cracked right through! So before we could really get started Garrett had to do some repair work.
'mommy can I eat just one gumdrop please?'
And that's all I've got for now! Time for Santa's helper to eat some cookies ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment