Monday, October 10, 2011

Botanical Gardens

Well.  Once again our kiddos are getting over a little cold.  This past month has been a so annoying.  They get sick.  They get better.....for about a week, and then come down with something again!  Luckily it hasn't been anything terrible, they did have strep at the beginning of the month {September} but we caught it quickly so it wasn't that big of a deal.  I'm just tired of the endless runny noses and less than stellar nap sessions.  And yes, I would like a little cheese with my wine ;) !    

Aaaaaaanywho.  After being inside all yesterday and rain in the forecast for the coming days we were really feeling the need to get out and get some fresh air!  About a month ago my friend mentioned our local botanical garden and I'm sad to admit I didn't even know we had a botanical garden!  I looked it up online and was pleasantly surprised at all they have going on there!  They have a storytime several days a month and lots of other family friendly activities.  Today was not a storytime day, but that's ok because mostly I wanted the kiddos out walking around and not smearing their runny noses on other kiddos ;).     




I love this photo because you can see little Gavin back there hunching his little shoulders like there was something creepy hanging down from the 'living tunnel' HAHA!
 

A very cool traveling exhibit they have going on through the end of the year are the larger than life Big Bugs.  'Created by artist, David Rogers of Glenwood Landing, NY, {they} are made using various combinations of whole trees found standing or fallen dead, dry branches and other forest materials.'   

'ohhhhhhhhh, what's THAT?!'
 







Seriously, how awesome is this exihibit?!
 

Man these two really do melt my heart :)
 



Time for a little snack...never mind the HUGE praying mantis back there kids.




I just love when my camera decides to focus on the chair rather than my kid.  Still a cute pic though....


Really, a fantastic place!  It was small and of course it's the start of Fall right now, but we all throughly enjoyed oursevles and look forward to going again, especially in the spring.  Kayla kept saying 'this is such a beautiful place mommy!  Thank you for bringing us here!'  You're welcome sweet pea!


1 comment:

grammy karen said...

What a beautiful place!! Love all the pictures, I can just imagine what Gavin is saying to that bug. Thanks for taking them there and sharing with us.

Huggs,
grammy karen