Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kayla's 4th Birthday Party

Last Saturday was Kayla's big birthday party.  Originally, I was not planning on doing a big party.  I was thinking we'd do cupcakes with the neighbors and call it a day because most likely we would do something for the big 5.  BUT.....then I realized that there's a good chance next summer we'll be moving and it would just kill me if I missed the opportunity for Kayla to have a birthday party with all her school friends she's made in the last year!  It's such a good group of kiddos and they all have so much fun together....so the party planning was under way.  July is hot.  I knew I would want the party indoors, but not in my indoors so we booked a party at a local gymnastics school.  A few months back we attended a birthday party here for one of Kayla's friend, and it was perfect.

Group shot!  We're missing a few faces here :(....in all there were 13 party goers, 3 toddlers, and parents......pretty good turn out!   


It started off the coaches laying down the ground rules....


and a few stretches....


and then mass organized chaos as the kiddos went 'round and 'round the large obstacle course.
 







Gavin and our super sweet babysitter Hannah! 
 
Man we love this girl! She's been our primary sitter since Kayla was just under 2. Two seconds after I booked this party I was on the phone with her because I knew I was going to need some serious help since Garrett is away. She was on Gavin duty so I could be free to take pics, talk to the other parents, and really be there in the moment with Kayla. And boy did Hannah earn her money this day; Gavin was ALL over the place exploring every inch of the gym! She was about as exhausted as I was by the end of the day!


'Hi Alice, I'm not really sure if I want to play with, but you sure are a cutie!'
 

I turned around just in time to see Kayla and her friend Lilly running around holding hands.  To sweet.  It was SO stinking cute to see how excited all these kids were to see each other again; for some it's been since school was out in May.
Getting the low down on the correct way of entering the huge foam blocks pit!












This is his 'it's an hour past my nap time and I'm NOT gonna smile face' face.
 

The spread + goody bags....


Rather than the traditional birthday cake we had CAKEPOPS!!  How cute are these?!  My super incredibly awesome friend/neighbor, Molly, offered to make them!  And they were a huge hit with the kids!




YUM!
 

OH what a fun day!  The only thing absent was the daddy we miss very much!

1 comment:

grammy karen said...

What a great party you all had!!
Kayla's summersalt looked really good :)
Super sweet,
Happy Birthday Kayla,
I love you sooo much.

grammy karen