Well here we are half way through March all ready and this is my first (hopefully not last) post! And I'm going to have to make it a quick one. We started off getting some good snuggle time with daddy before he headed off to Louisiana for 4 whole weeks :(!
(side note ~ Garrett is in Louisiana for some serious training in preparation for an upcoming deployment. As always I'll be pretty vague about it on the very public blog but let's just say it's happening SOON and has the potential to be very long. I'll be sending out an email with more details as the date approaches.)
Currently, Gavin has a fascination/obsession with his ability to get into/sit/play in anything big enough to hold him. Usually it's the toy boxes.
Living literally across the street from our old house has a few new perks, like the family of deer that occasionally visit us. Of course they like to nibble on our neighbors grass because as you can see it truly IS greener on the other side :)
And now on to the title of this post. My kids are SICK! It started a few days before Garrett left when they both came down with pink eye. So annoying. Trying to get drops into their eyes 3 times a day was no simple task. Poor little Gavin practically had a black eye from us having to man-handle him and pry his eye open to get the drops in. Then things were OK for about a week until last Friday when Kayla woke up from her nap with a fever (102). Yikes! Why do they always have to get sick on a Friday afternoon?? By Sunday afternoon Gavin was sick as well. It's been a rough few days AND nights, complete with night sweats, throw up, multiple changing of bedding each day(night), terrible hacking cough, snot galore....is this TMI??? Anyways....both have really handled it like a champ, they have been to the doctor and it's a virus so we just have to wait it out and let it run its course. Kayla has the worst of it, poor girl. So far Gavin has still been able to sleep fine at night which is truly a blessing from God because all I can think about when I'm up all night tending to Kayla is 'what in the world would I do if Gavin needed tending to as well and we're fresh out of parents in this house?' I pray this all passes quickly.
My sweet girl, all smiles even when she's feeling crappy.
No comments:
Post a Comment