I know, I'm a day late in wishing you a Merry Christmas BUTTTTT we've been a little busy these days :) First off I want to start with a few videos I've been hanging on to for the past couple of weeks and I just have got to get them up! Gavin and Kayla have entered a new chapter of really interacting and playing together. Kayla is truly a loving, considerate, and caring big sister. (Of course she has her moments of abuse of power and such) but overall they enjoy each others company.
As he quickly approaches his first birthday, Gavin is always testing his boundaries, and my heart.
This year on Christmas Eve, instead of decorating sugar cookies (if you need to be reminded of how awesome we are at decorating cookies click HERE) we decide to put together one of those gingerbread house kits you can get at Target. It was FUN, super easy, and something I think we'll do every year!

Christmas was nice and quiet around here. Just the four of us. Of course the kiddos made out like a bandit, and Garrett and I loved watching ever minute of it!

This morning we were thrilled to wake up to a white day after Christmas winter wonderland! Kayla was overjoyed with the thought of going out to build snowmen and snow angels! We tucked Gavin into his warm cozy crib for his morning nap, and then bundled up, grabbed the baby monitor, and headed out to have some fun in the snow with our neighbors, Ryan, Molly, and Sam.
Playtime in the snow wouldn't be complete without building a snow fort......
Having a snowball fight.....
and sledding!

Our silly little guy was sound asleep the whole time and I finally had to wake him up! This year he had to enjoy the white fluff from this side of the window, but next year he is going to have a blast!!
About six weeks ago Gavin took his first two little baby steps. Since then he has been cruising around with his little push toys and dabbling with taking up to ten steps at a time. It just kills me that I haven't been able to get a good video of him, but of course he always feels most courageous when my camera is no where to be found! Today I finally was able to get a little snippet :) His preferred method of getting around is still to crawl. But every day he seems to gain more confidence and I'm sure the time is very soon upon us that we will have an official walker on our hands.
Happy New Year!


















2 comments:
Wow!!! Lots of snow for you guys. Sledding looks fun and cooooold! Gavin will soon be on the run.
Merry Christmas, miss you all, but will see you very soon!
Grammy Karen
looks cold but fun. they are so big! love you all!
Post a Comment