Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Papa Derwin / Grandma Phyllis ~ SNOW! ~ 6 weeks

So these days I feel like I'm in a constant state of catching up on the blog! A couple of weeks ago my dad and step mom flew out for a quick visit. We had a great time and Kayla especially enjoyed the male attention from Papa Derwin that she's been so desperately missing from her daddy.
One of the days it snowed and left just enough on the ground to play in. Kayla was SOOOOOO excited to finally get a chance to play in the white fluff. The past few snow days we've had she was sick (this year and last) so this was actually the first time she was able to play in it :)
Yes that is a snow ball she is throwing at me!
She was bound and determined to clean off the entire car.
always a ham....
These next few are Gavin's official 6 week photos (of course he's now 7.5 weeks), anyhoo....I realized I hadn't taken any of him in the onsie he came home from the hospital in, which I LOVE, so I had to get him in it before he grew out of it......and it's a good thing I did because he's now busting out of it!






I can't believe how quickly time is going.....Gavin is nearly two months old and that's just crazy talk! And what a crazy two months....one more thing to add to the list; I broke my finger trying to stop Kayla from falling down the stairs!! She still fell down them like a rag doll, one of my most scariest mom moments ever, but came up unharmed (thank God). After I knew she was OK I realized my ring finger on my right hand was seriously hurting. An x-ray later I was in a finger splint :( Apparently I chipped the bone at my knuckle, I was in the splint for two weeks and now it's just buddy-taped to my middle finger for another two weeks. So annoying!! I do not have time for this silliness!! We're still waiting for word on when Garrett will be coming home. At this point it is VERY frustrating because his battalion is the only one left in Haiti; there's not much more they can do and they've all ready started shipping back their equipment. Obama is supposed to be making a decision on when they come home and if he decides for them to stay.....it's purely political now.....hopefully my next blog entry will have better news regarding that.....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

oh gosh the one of her throwing the snowball at you. so funny.

grammy karen said...

I'm so glad Kayla finally got to play in the snow!! Looks like you all had a great time!
Hugs,
Grammy K.

Angela Henderson said...

I do love that picture with her throwing the snowball at you. I love how pics can capture a single moment in time! And by the way is Kaylas hair getting darker? Your little man is so stinkin' cute!