Tuesday, June 19, 2012

San Diego ~ Birch Aquarium

I can't believe we're 5 days into our time here in San Diego and yesterday was the first time I even took my camera out of the bag!  We've had a great time so far though.  It's actually been nearly 2 years since Garrett was home due to deployments so for this trip we've been just taking it easy and enjoying some quality time with the grandparents and great grandparents :) . Yesterday we, along with Garrett's parents, went to the Birch Aquarium.  Usually when we're in town we go to Sea World 1. because it's free and 2. because I've kind-of honestly forgotten about our aquarium :(.  After our last experience at Sea World my mom reminded me about the aquarium and it was like 'duh! {forehead slap} why haven't we been going there all along!'  I'm sure we'll still go to Sea World every now and then, it is free after all and still a fun place....but when we want to give the kiddos a real opportunity to learn about sea life; the aquarium will be the place to go!










They were both super excited to spot Dori and Nemo!





Outside at the tide pool exhibit was a great view!  Our 'June Gloom' is in full effect here where the thick marine layer hangs around most of the morning {sometimes all day} before burning off, but the view was still wonderful!


*future surfer taking it all in!*



The tide pool, of course, was the highlight of the morning!













No comments: