I've been thinking about this post for about a week now and have a lot of thoughts running through my head so I apologize if it takes a turn for the random.
Last week we were all sitting around the breakfast table and Kayla was chatting on continuously like she does these days, and paused for a second before PROUDLY announcing 'HEY! God is in my heart........I need to go in there and find him and give him lovies!' And the conversation went on from there about Jesus and God and love. Garrett and I were just taken aback at this subject completely brought on by our three year old. It made my heart smile.
A month or so ago I added the verse 3 John 1:4 to the sidebar on the right; I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in the truth (New Living Translation). The apostle John was writing to his brother in Christ, Gaius, commending him for his hospitality for traveling Christian teachers and to encourage him in his own walk. Gaius was led to Jesus through John's teachings and so he affectionately refers to Gaius as his (spiritual) child, hence the above verse. When I read this verse a while back I thought WOW! As a mother that pretty much sums it up! And I believe that is the way God the Father thinks of us. His heart smiles when a child of His hears His knocking and opens the door (Rev 3:20). Hearing Kayla's innocent prayers at night; thanking Jesus for everything from keeping her daddy safe at work to her little blankie she must sleep with assures me we are on the right track in guiding our children to Jesus's love and salvation. That is a great joy indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment