CrAZinEss! That is what's going on over here. Our very first morning waking up at home as a family of four we find out via phone call from Garrett's work about the earthquake in Haiti that occurred during the night. His Battalion was immediately told to pack up and prepare to head down there with a moments notice. A while back (maybe June?) I blogged about how Garrett's brigade was assuming the Global Response Force for his Division, which lasts for a year and means that if a situation arises, like a natural disaster, they would be activated with an hours to days response time. Of course we've known about this possibility but one never dreams that a devastating earthquake is actually going to happen two days after giving birth to your child! Seriously?!? Early early Sunday morning we got the dreaded call and Garrett was out the door.....and we have no idea when he'll be back, mostly likely a month or two....or three, it just depends on how long they need to be down there helping out.
Back here at home....life goes on......and Gavin has been a total dream. So far he sleeps...and sleeps....eats, poops.....and sleeps some more. Total opposite of Kayla, as far as the sleeping goes. He has been an easy going baby so far and is very content to just look around and take it all in during the brief moments he's awake. I'm trying to relax and enjoy this peaceful stage as much as I can because I'm sure one of these days he's going to finally wake up and it's possible all heck will brake loose! (That's one thing I've learned the second time around.....to just chill during the first few weeks they're asleep; I didn't with Kayla and it made for a stressful household for everyone.)
SOOOOOO here's some more pics!
(ps....I have to note the slightly noticeable bubble on his head.......the doc said it was a hematoma due to his lightening speed entry into the world, unlike your standard conehead, it will most likely take weeks to months to disappear :(
Seriously! How was it possible to have a baby this big in me!?! I'm still in shock!
loving the snuggle time afterwards.







2 comments:
You and your family are a true testament to the military life of patriotism, selflessness, and love. Thank you Garrett for all the ways you provide for your ADORABLE family, country and humane efforts.
Our thoughts are always with you guys and I can't wait for day we can reunite our growing families!
Amazing pictures Grammy Karen and look out for a package coming your way soon!
He is looking great. what a little chunk, so cute. Your so strong to do this while he is away. Good Job Mom. Miss you!
Post a Comment